Keeping the kids busy during the summer can be a challenge. Fortunately, there are plenty of things for families with children to do throughout Orange County. If you and your little ones are fans of books and you want to do something that is both fun and educational, you might want to consider checking out one of the many different storytime activities that are available in the area.
Story Time at Chuck Jones Center for Creativity at SOCO and The OC Mix
SOCO and The OC Mix are hosting story time along with music and projects at the Chuck Jones Center for Creativity every other Monday from now until September 25th from 1:00 until 2:00. Each event features lively interactive music and engaging stories by Christa Mae. This family-friendly event is free, with the next one taking place today, June 12th. The Chuck Jones Center for Creativity at SOCO and The OC Mix is located at 3321 Hyland Avenue in Costa Mesa.
Summer Story Time at Barnes and Noble
Barnes & Noble will be hosting interactive story time on Wednesdays at 11:00 at all of its locations. Events will include singing, dancing and craft projects for participants to enjoy. Some of the free events taking place this summer include:
• Little Ree Storytime: Follow the adventures of Ree Drummand, a city girl adjusting to life in the country.
• Pete the Cat Storytime: Dance along with Pete the cat, the feline who is determined to master the latest dance craze. Following step-by-step dance moves at this fun event.
• Dragons Love Tacos 2: The Sequel Storytime: Jump right in to the sequel to the New York Times Best Selling children’s book as you explore Dragons Love Tacos 2: The Sequel.
• Oh, The Places You’ll Go! Storytime: Join the story’s nameless hero as he passes through the different stages of growing older.
• The Rainbow Fish Storytime: Enjoy a group reading of The Rainbow Fish, featuring foil and glitter illustrative techniques and lessons of acceptance and the importance of valuing individuality.
Little Lido Kids Club
On June 15th from 10:00 until 11:00 am, Lido Village Books will present Little Lido Kids Club. The event will feature a reading of Escargot by Dashka Slater and Sydney Hanson, followed by an interactive sing-a-long on the patio outside of the store. Participants will also be invited to create snail-inspired crafts and to participate in raffles and specials from participating Lido Marina Village Retailers. Among these will be 10% off book purchases at Lido Village Books, 15% off purchases at Bailey44, 25% of in-store purchases and a special candy bag from Eberjay, and a raffle for a one week pass to Curl Fitness.
Lido Village Books is located at 3424 Via Oporto Suite 102 in Newport Beach. The event is free, but guests are asked to RSVP at Eventbrite. Those who RSVP will receive an entry to a drawing for a $25 gift certificate to Lido Village Books. Future Lido Marina Kids Club events will take place every third Thursday of the month.