Are you looking for some fun and frightening ways to celebrate Halloween this year? Here are a couple haunted attractions in the area that you might want to explore.
Knott’s Scary Farm: Haunted Thrills and Mazes
Knott’s Berry Farm will host its Knott’s Scary Farm: Haunted Thrills and Mazes attraction starting September 21st and continuing through Halloween. The largest Halloween attraction in Southern California, the entire park is fully transformed in celebration of Halloween. Attractions include 13 uniquely haunted mazes, sinister shows and over 1,000 horrifying creatures lurking throughout the property. Scare Zone themes for this year include CarnEVIL, Fiesta de los Muertos, Ghost Town Streets and The Hollow. The park’s many thrill rides will also be open during the event.
Knott’s Scary Farm: Haunted Thrills and Mazes is not recommended for children under the age of 13. The event takes place from 7:00 pm until 1:00 pm on select nights. The park is located at 8039 Beach Boulevard in Buena Park. Tickets start at $40 per person.
Queen Mary ‘Dark Harbor’ Halloween Haunted Ship and Mazes
The Queen Mary ‘Dark Harbor’ Halloween Haunted Ship and Mazes event will take place on various days from September 28th through November 1st. Taking place aboard the haunted Queen Mary, the event features a cast of ghouls, undead and spirits who create an unforgettable and frightening haunted experience. The event boasts a total of seven mazes for participants to explore. These include:
• FEAST (new this year): Takes a journey through areas of the ship that have never before been accessible as you learn about the highly-decorated Chef who served during WWII on The Queen Mary. Chef had a habit of sedating a few soldiers at a time and collecting them in the middle of the night to use in his kitchen creations. After he was caught, Chef was tossed into one of his ovens and cooked alive. His kitchen staff then burned themselves alive in the same oven so they could continue to serve him aboard the ship.
• Intrepid: Follow the maddening journey of the Iron Master and protector of The Queen Mary, who fiercely guards the precious vessel that he built.
• Circus Big Top Terror: The world’s most horrifying circus features maniacal magic acts, disorienting illusions and sideshow freaks under a tent of terror.
• Deadrise the Depths of Darkness: The WWII escort ship, Deadrise, helped to guide The Grey Ghost through the waters. A fatal crash caused the ship to crash and sink into the depths of the sea, but the wreckage has once again been called to serve.
• Lullaby Hush Hush Don’t Cry: Explore the story of Scary Mary who is looking for a playmate to join her on the other side of hell.
• Soulmate Til Death Do Us Part: Since her mysterious disappearance, Gale has been haunting Dark Harbor in search of a soul mate. After luring potential suitors with her charm, her minions chop them up so they can reassemble the pieces to create the perfect man.
• B340 A Descent Into Insanity: Take a schizophrenic journey into the mind of Samuel the Savage.
The Queen Mary ‘Dark Harbor’ Halloween Haunted Ship and Mazes event takes place at 1126 Queens Highway in Long Beach. Depending on the day, the event starts at either 7:00 pm or 8:00 pm and ends at either midnight or 1:00 am.