Orange County is a magnificent place for getting up close and personal to wildlife. Whether you are looking to see sharks in their natural habitat or you are looking for a family-friendly way to spend the day as you learn more about wildlife and take advantage of great shopping deals, there is something for you in Orange County. Here are a couple fun ways you may choose to spend your day getting to know the wildlife in the OC.
Shark Search Saturdays at Dana Wharf
Dana Point Harbor is a flourishing area boasting all kinds of sea life, including whales, harbor seals, dolphins and California sea lions. The coastal waters also provide the perfect habitat for a variety of different types of fish, including calico bass, sand bass, yellowtail, halibut, bonito, Bluefin tuna, yellowfish tuna, dorado and albacore. A number of tours and fishing trips can be booked in the area, including those that are specifically designed to seek out sharks. Every Saturday, hope on board the OCeanAdventures Catamaran from Dana Wharf to go on a search for the Great White, Thresher, Mako, Hammerhead and Blue sharks in the Orange County waters.
Dana Wharf is located at 34675 Golden Lanter in Dana Point. The cost for the shark search is $45 per person, with space limited for better viewing. Visit the Dana Wharf website for more information.
PC Grommets Celebrates Aquarium Month with Jellyfish
On Tuesday, June 20th, PC Grommets and Smocking Birds will give you the opportunity to enjoy all there is to know about jellyfish. During the one-hour event, which takes place from 10:00 until 11:00 am, you will hear a silly story about a jellyfish, create your own jellyfish craft and enjoy a variety of dining and shopping specials from participating Pacific City vendors. Some of the special deals offered on this day include:
• Smocking Birds: 15% off purchase
• Saint Marc: Free ice cream cone and parking validatio
• Candy: 20% off purchase
• Burnt Crumbs (LOT 579): Free combo fries with purchase
• Portola (LOT 579): Free kids hot chocolate with any drink purchase
• Pie Not (LOT 579): Free pie or savory pastry with the purchase of one of equal or lesser value
• Lemonade: Complimentary kids meal including grilled chicken strips, mac n’ cheese and a 12 ounce lemonade with any $10 purchase
• Top Dog Barkery: 20% off grooming or doggie day care
• Ways & Means: Kids eat free with purchase of an adult entrée
• Rudy’s: 10% off services or 15% off retail
• Sephora: Free Mommy & Me facials
Space is limited for the event and RSVPs are required to guarantee enough supplies for your craft. Participants who RSVP receive an entry for a drawing of a gift certificate to Smocking Birds, Ola Mexican Kitchen, Hans’ Homemade Ice Cream, Frosted Cupcakery, Old Crow Smokehouse, Barnabus and a surprise from Pie Not. Multiple winners will be selected, but you must be present to win. Register before 8:00 pm on 6-19-17 to be eligible. Register by visiting Eventbrite.
PC Grommets at Pacific City is located at 21010 Pacific Coast Highway in Huntington Beach.