Newport Dunes will be hosting its Pacific Wine and Food Classic on August 19th and 20th. At the event, participants will have the opportunity to experience more than 100 food, wine and cocktail stations while also attending local celebrity chef demonstrations. The summer-inspired food will be created by the region’s most talented chefs, while the wines will be selected from the best winemakers. Handcrafted cocktails will also be served, all made with the freshest ingredients.
Wine and Spirits
Several wineries will be participating in this year’s event, including Markham Wineries, Bouchaine and Atlas Peak. Local breweries will also be at the event, including Lindemans, Towne Park Brew Co. and Ayinger. Handcrafted summer cocktails will also be provided by Bacardi, Patron, Maker’s Mark and Absolut Elyx.
Several chefs will be providing culinary delights, with some providing chef demonstrations for participants to enjoy. Some of the chefs featured at this year’s event include:
• Executive Chef Pascal Olhats of Pascal Restaurant
• Executive Chef/Partner Greg Daniels of Haven Gastropub & Provisions Market
• Chef/Owner Cathy Pavlos of Provenance Restaurant
• Executive Chef Tim Maher of SeaSalt Woodfire Grill
• Lauren Lawless from MASTERCHEF Season 8
• Chef Joel Guiterrez of SeaLegs Wine Bar
• Executive Chef Peter Lai of Oak Grill and Aqua Lounge
• Executive Chef & Owner Mark McDonald of Old Vine Café
• Executive Chef David Man of Island Hotel Newport Beach & Coastal Catering
• Executive Chef & Owner Linda Johnsen of Filomena’s Italian Kitchen & Market
• Chef Ernie Alvarado of Urbana
• Chef de Cusine Jose Rodriguez of Pete’s Sunset Grille
• And over 30 more!
Hosted by Food Network Star Simon Majumdar, the chef demonstrations will take place at the Fisher & Paykel/DCS Cooking Stage. Some of the demonstrations will include making things such as pineapple salsa smoothies, watermelon curry, truffled chicken liver and Scampi Provencal. Other demonstrations will include discussions about Summer White Wines or learning how to make an Arnoldo, Palmero & Kentucky Mango Margarita.
The Pacific Wine and Food Classic offers several different ticket options General Admission tickets to attend both days of the event are $250 each. Tickets grant access to sampling of all of the foods, wines and cocktails as well as demonstrations. VIP tickets for both days are $350 each. VIP tickets are available in limited quantities and grant ticketholders early access to the event at 1:00 pm instead of 2:00 pm. VIP ticketholders also have special access to the VIP gazebo courtyard overlooking the water and featuring the “Patron the Summer Cocktail Tour,” which includes handcrafted summer margaritas, champagne, chilled wine, special desserts, gourmet cheese and other featured tastes.
Single day VIP tickets are $200 each while single day General Admission tickets are $150 each.
The event will take place at Newport Dunes, which is located at 1131 Back Bay Drive in Newport Beach. N one under the age of 21 is permitted, including infants and small children. The event takes place from 2:00 to 5:00 pm on both days.